Thursday, 21 August 2014

Confession: My New Addiction

School is starting soon (cue "Jaws" theme song), but am I getting ready for it? Other than a few emails here and there... HECK NO! Gotta enjoy my freedom!

So what have I been doing, aside from decorating my room and blogging?

Introducing... my new addiction, RUNNING MAN! It is a South Korean game/ variety show that debuted in 2010, and is still ongoing.


Each week, the show is filmed in a landmark building in S. Korea (the art museum, the national theater, etc), and the cast has to complete a host of zany missions to avoid being "punished" at the end.

I had heard so much about it before, but never had the time or interest to check it out. Now that I am procrastinating have time, I started from episode one and

OH

MY

WORD

I can't stop laughing and watching.

Not only do they do the weirdest things to complete their missions, there are "special" sound and image effects included by the editors to make everything more dramatic. The editing isn't the best (very obvious where they cut-and-paste-d because of the repetition) but it makes everything so much funnier.

Do yourself a favor and begin from episode 1 (below or click HERE). It will be one of funniest hour and a half you will spend in your life! You can skip the first 15 minutes where they introduce the cast members and guests. And even though it's in Korean, there are English subtitles.
Running Man... HWAITING!

[And Jung Yong Hwa melts my heart... :p]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my posts- really appreciate it! I apologize in advance if blogger deletes your comments- I have no idea why it does so but please post your comment again. Thanks!