Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Underdog Victory

I have to admit, as much as I love my school's football team, I wasn't completely sure that we had what it took to beat Oregon. Apparently, so did the rest of the nation:
ESPN poll, picture posted by a friend on Facebook
Don't get me wrong- I was rooting for my Buckeyes all the way, but no doubt we were the underdogs. Oregon was #2 and had a Heisman Trophy winner on their team. We were #4 and using our 3rd-string quarterback.

Who would have ever thought that our 3rd-string quarterback, Cardale Jones, would prove to be the quarterback?! He plunged straight into his role and played a crucial part in leading the Buckeyes to victory in our conference championship and the playoffs. Add in the "monster" (as Urban Meyer described) Ezekiel Elliot, and an impressive defense (finally!), and...

WE WON THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Oh my word oh my word oh my word oh my word oh my word sooooooo happy!

My only question: why didn't they cancel school the next day? After all, most students are hungover from celebrating anyway... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my posts- really appreciate it! I apologize in advance if blogger deletes your comments- I have no idea why it does so but please post your comment again. Thanks!