Tuesday, 6 November 2012

The Election is ALMOST Over

And I can't be more happy.

Political ads- PLEASE STOP! As one of my friends said, political ads don't do anything. Informed voters don't believe them, while uninformed voters who believe these 30-second  completely-taken-out-of-context-and-badly-edited commercials should not be allowed to vote.

I've never looked forward to November 6 more.

As you can see, everyone is tired of it already. Even four year olds.

I just realized that I also needed to add one more thing to my list of Ohio campaigning before I stop.


James Carville vs. Karl Rove, at my school 2 months ago. Another perk of being an Ohio voter. They are respected campaign managers for the Democratic and Republican parties respectively. I think Carville worked on Bill Clinton's team, and Karl Rove was the campaign manager for George Bush Jr.

I really looked forward to their debate, and well, it was... a good show. James Carville was walking around, showing graphs, arousing enthusiastic applause with his "grass-roots" approach- in other words, very "democratic." Rove was dignified and calm, who stood at his podium the entire time. Again, the image of the Republican party.

Can't get more contrasting in style and rhetoric.

Did they say anything new? Sadly, no.

But it was still a good debate. Sometimes I wonder if politicians and lobbyists ever get bored with their job, saying the same things and dealing with the same facts over and over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my posts- really appreciate it! I apologize in advance if blogger deletes your comments- I have no idea why it does so but please post your comment again. Thanks!