Note: This is a LONG overdue post but I figured I better publish this before the 2022 edition. So enjoy what I can remember of 2021!
2021 - oh what a year.
1) The year started out with a bang: my sister had her wedding reception at Marriott Hotel Orchard on 01 January 2021. It was SO FUN to have her and her husband, and my youngest sister back for the reception. Food was great, and so was the programme.
2) First cruise ever! My parents, two sisters and I went on a 3-day/2-night Cruise to Nowhere a few days after the wedding reception. Love that it was just the 5 of us (probably the last time ever), and we had so much fun eating, hanging out, lazing around, playing virtual reality games, and going for shows.
3) Pandemic fatigue and prolonged semi-lockdown with a stupid "2-people rule". We had several months in which each household could only have 2 visitors per day, and we could only meet in groups of 2 in public. Try organising youth activities around this rule. Thank goodness the government loosened the rule near the end of 2021, otherwise it would have driven people MAD.
4) I got vaccinated. Felt okay after the first shot, developed a one-day fever after the second. Will go for the booster sometime this month or next. (Update: booster shot done!)
5) My youngest sister came back to Singapore again in December, and I LOVED having her here. I really miss both of my sisters.
6) I was called as one of the six Area Organisation Advisors for the Asia Area (new calling). No idea what I'm doing, and I'm suppose to take direction from the Asia Area Presidency anyway. But I feel like I can be doing more...
7) I've gone to more exhibitions and performances this year than I have in the past 3 years (even pre-Covid...LOL). Some of the more memorable ones:
- Dale Chihuly exhibition at Gardens by the Bay (in love with his works!)
- S.E.A. Aquarium
- Singapore Repertory Theatre's performance of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
- National Art Gallery
- Walked the Southern Ridges trail, aka Henderson Wave trail
8) The year I finally loved my calling as a Young Women President. There is an idiom in Chinese "不知不觉". It means "unknowing and unfeeling to you". I have struggled with various aspects of this calling for almost 3 years now, but 不知不觉 I somehow learned to love it. I think it's because of the young women. I know they struggle with the gospel and life. But they are trying, and they bring so much positive energy into my life.
9) I finally checked off the goal of exploring the Joo Chiat/Katong historical area. I'm such a history nerd - other people look at historic buildings for 5 minutes and move on. I spend at least 3x as long looking at the exact things! 😁 This area is beautiful, and I'm so glad I got to take a few people there and show off its historical significance.
10) Staycation at Goodwood Park Hotel with Vera during a May long weekend. A nice break from the stress and bustle of work without going far because of the travel restrictions. We ate A LOT, swam in the pool, and "nua-ed" a lot. Loved it.
Honourable mention: I started driving in Singapore. I dislike driving (even in the States) and driving in Singapore makes me anxious because of the narrow lanes and parking facilities. But I've survived so far. I better learn to get comfortable with it because I'll soon be listed as the main driver whenever we rent a car.
Now on to my 2022 edition...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting on my posts- really appreciate it! I apologize in advance if blogger deletes your comments- I have no idea why it does so but please post your comment again. Thanks!