Good News: I'm flying home today back to Singapore, and will be there for a year to do research. In fact, I'm currently at the LA airport on an 8 hour layover (URGH!), eating lunch and blogging. It's a horrible layover but hey, hooooome!
Bad News: My 15 year old car has served me well for the past 5 years, and in return I try to take good care of it by maintaining it regularly, giving it good gas, etc. But my car is revolting against me because of the abuse I afflicted upon it driving from Ohio to Utah.
The revolt started when I reached Provo, whereupon my stereo broke down. I can only say that I'm grateful God preserved the stereo until I reached my destination, so I didn't have to make the long drive using my phone's music. Thank goodness my speakers work, so I just need to replace the stereo.
A few weeks later, I went in for an oil change and tire rotation, and I have no idea what the mechanic did, but my brakes started squeaking and making a weird grinding noise. What did that mechanic do to my car?
Then on Saturday, my air conditioning stopped working. It was about 100 degrees outside, and I had to wind down my windows to get moving air in (I wouldn't call it wind because it was just hot air circulating). It was miserable driving this past weekend.
My poor car... When I return, I'm going to send it for a full check up and repair session. Let's just hope it can hold up this year until I return.
Sorry about the car, but how exciting to go home for a year!
ReplyDelete