Sunday, 29 March 2015

Heartache for Home

Yearning for home during this period of grief.
Here's hoping that the overwhelming spirit of unity and service that has engulfed the nation this week will continue.

*Lines for the public to pay their last respects stretched into 10 hours! Yet, no one complained (for once!). Not only did the line move in an orderly manner, volunteers handed out food and water for free. LKY would have been proud of this manifestation of Singapore's efficiency and generosity. Then, today, as his casket was moved from Parliament House to the University Cultural Hall for the state funeral, people lined the entire funeral procession despite the heavy rain! I can't recall Singaporeans doing something similar (lining the roads) growing up, and was so impressed by the unity and tenacity of the crowd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my posts- really appreciate it! I apologize in advance if blogger deletes your comments- I have no idea why it does so but please post your comment again. Thanks!